Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pursuit of Information

Jane and I will be spending next week in Boston for the Craft Brewers Conference. Last year's event was well worth attending and indirectly saved RePublic about $8K in legal fees (for a private placement memorandum). I don't expect the trip to pay for itself this year, but Jane and I should benefit from having narrower objectives this time around. Continuing my drinking sabbatical at the conference will be pretty awkward*, but it'll be a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.

I forgot to talk about the Midwest Hop Production Workshop I attended last month. In short, the information was solid and the turnout was much larger than I expected. A lot of Midwest farmers are interested in growing hops! Gorst Valley Hops is planning on hosting a second workshop on May 30th. Visit their website for more info.

*If Rachel can convince me that it won't bother her at all if I drink at the conference, I may indulge. Words won't be enough, though. I'm fluent at reading her nonverbal cues.

No comments: