Friday, January 23, 2009

Not My Space

Trying to figure out if vacant-looking properties are occupied has led me to several Myspace sites. That means it's going to take me longer to research sites online than it took for me to travel around town and find them in the first place. If you must use Myspace, please don't do any of the following:

-Add music or videos to the page (unless you're a band).
-Place pictures in any area that isn't the default picture location.
-Allow any form of media to start playing on its own.
-Change the initial display settings in any way.

I deleted my Myspace account in mid-2007. It's not the best decision I've ever made, but it's probably in my top ten.

3 comments:

Shane said...

There are firefox add-ons/scripts out there to strip the blinking backgrounds and 1,459 videos that many people think adds to a myspace profile. Try this, don't know if it works for sure.

How were you able to delete your account? K has been unable to for some time now; she uses an expired email address as her login, and it's been giving her problems

Unknown said...

I hate MySpace. Closing my account was one of the best things that's ever happened to me. I don't remember how I did it, but there is definitely a way to delete your account.

Chris said...

lol. Nothing worse than an over-modified myspace page. Autoplay music has to be the worst part about them.